In November 2019 the Vietnamese ferry company HUEFerry.com awarded Janeto -now ECR Vietnam- the contract to provide a unique, mobile MPoS solution enabling sales and payments for the busy ferry. ECR were delighted to design and develop the latest version of the company’s unique TicketPoS solution alongside Janeto.
Building on the company’s established Ferry Solution, in use since 2015 with Vietnamese carriers NGOC My Boat, TicketPoS is a cloud-based solution comprising front office sales, comprehensive back office and extensive tailored reporting, and full support from ECR’s head office in the UK. The system offers upselling prompts, upgrades, offers and discounts and a wide variety of features designed for both customer satisfaction and revenue generation. TicketPoS manages timed and capacity-managed bookings, giving customers full control from their own device, mobile phone or computer. With inbuilt anti-fraud technology, dynamic QR codes and accepting all payment types, passengers can plan their journey and guarantee boarding upon arrival, beating the queues and getting the best prices guaranteed.
Ticket usage can be monitored, as can a wide range of data be mined from the extensive reporting available on ECR’s back office reporting tool.
Benefits of the system include:
- Tickets can be printed from the same device that is used to process card/cash payments
- QR Codes issued from online bookings via third-party sites are instantly recognised and validated
- Easy to use and intuitive, with screens designed by the company’s own head office users
- The on-board software is easy to adapt and translate for a growing number of destinations
- Ability to profile each route, including origin locations, using the data, for effective route planning and sales forecasting
- Staff can be deployed to specific locations to meet higher demands
- Additional routes and products can be added or removed from locations depending on sales